Today in human Geo we continued to add to our new unit… POPULATION AND SETTLEMENT!

Like I said in my other blog I found this unit especially interesting because I find it crazy how tens, hundreds, thousands, millions and billions people can live on planet Earth. Just a quick recap. During class LAST week we visited this very cool site that showed us everything you need to know about planet Earths population. For example, birth rate and death rate. The population is always adding up because the birth rate is higher than the death rate. WELL… today in human geo we went over life expectancy. The definition of life expectancy is the average # of years to be lived by a group of people born in the same year. I learned that women have a higher life expectancy rate than men… everywhere. Not just in the United states or some other random place but everywhere! Maybe  because we are smarter… who knows!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog