Today in human geo we watched a video on Hans Rosling who
taught all about global health. He likes to show his education in both enjoyment
and understanding. Through the video he discussed
his version of the population pyramid so people can both enjoy and understand.
He showed us his version of a population pyramid where it shows if countries are
rich and healthy or poor and sick. Lifespan starts from 25 years to 75 years
old. And the income starts from 400 to 40000 dollars. During the year 1810 all
countries were mostly under ages 50 and at 400 dollars. Which was extremely unhealthy
and poor. On the graph Europe was brown, Asia was red, the middle east was green,
the sub-Saharan Africa is blue and last but NOT LEAST… America is yellow! As
the dates go one from 1810 is when America, Europe and the middle east went up.
This increase came from the industrial revolution. Not only did it create a rich
country but increased the population and made it more healthier. Closer to the
2000’s the sub-Saharan Africa and Asia gained independence and are not poor and
sick like they used to be.
Today in human geo we got to share our projects. And If you know me you know that I hate reading aloud and standing in front of a class and presenting something. One reason why I hate it so much if because I read slow and sometimes I mess words up and I feel like a lot of people judge me! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! But for real I do hate it a lot. We did our project on Population Pyramids. We had to write questions and other things about world hunger and many people and organizations that do make a difference and do help people in a hunger situation. Listening to people they did very well! But then my group went and my other group members did very well. But then it came time for me to talk and I completely embarrassed myself. I felt like I couldn’t talk and of course I didn’t really know what to say when it came time for me to explain MY thoughts. I said how the organization taught people to farm and that’s good. REALLY GRACYN!! I should’ve said how instead of just giv...
Comments
Post a Comment